Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lets Play Catch-Up

So, I just realised that I haven't updated or wrote since May 2010 and its now January 2011. So lets play catch up...

May 2010-
We got Cameron into Early Intervention and he started Speech Therapy, Playgroup, and Behavior Therapy. They had me fill out a Sensory Profile thing, and they determined that he had SPD. For those who don't know what that is, its Sensory Processing Disorder. Instead of me trying to explain it (which im horrible at) you can go to

June 2010-
Nothing quite new happened, just the same as above (the therapies and such).

July 2010-
We went and seen the fireworks in Bay City on July 3rd and took the kids to the carnival there. There was a gun/knife fight there (we were NOT a part of that.) but it was taken care of. The fireworks started going off that night and Cameron wasn't having it. He didn't like the loudness of them. Cameron did get to go on a carousel ride, and Kaydence went on her very first ferris wheel ride with her daddy. We repeated the fireworks thing on the 4th, and just like the day before, Cameron did NOT like it. He was more happy with the ground fountains, and the fireworks that didn't make the loud bangs.

August 2010-
Nothing much happened this month, aside from the therapies that my son is going through. The only difference is before the therapy was at home, and now they are moved over to the school for him. He wouldn't participate much at home due to distractions, so we moved him over to the school.

September 2010-
Cameron has started his therapy at the school. His speech therapy is coming along, but not making huge progress, but still, making progress. He is now listening to his name, and responding at times (ie: looking at you, walking to you, ect.).

October 2010-
Halloween time. Kaydence dressed up as a pretty princess and Cameron dressed up as a Lightning McQueen pitcrew member. It came with a hat which he refused to wear but he still looked adorable. Halloween was a little over stimulating for him seeing as there were so many new faces as well as all the older kids with the scary halloween costumes.

November 2010-
November 4th- Cameron woke up with a fever. We nursed it with tylenol and motrin. Him and I took a nap about 11am and I woke up about 3 to him jerking a little. I figured he was getting up from our nap and sat up to sit him up. Unfortunately it wasn't him trying to get up, it was him going into a febrile seizure. I knew nothing about them and freaked calling his grandma who in turn called 911 for me due to phone issues. within 10 minutes from when the seizure started my house was swarmed with EMTs, his grandma and her friend (who took my daughter for us), a police officer, and a gurney (sp) in our yard. He was unresponsive for a good 5-7 minutes after his seizure. They then took us via ambulance to the local hospital (about 10 minutes from my house). We took his temp in the ambulance and it was 103.7. Within the 10 minute ride and getting moved into our ER room, his fever spiked to 105.9 (they checked it as soon as we got into the ER). They then continued to try and administer an IV to get fluids started which entailed me, his dad, and 3 nurses holding him down. It took 4 times to get a line for blood before they capped it for his fluids. We ended up staying in the hospital from the 4th (thursday) til saturday afternoon. They kept him the 4th for seizure watch, and then the 5th due to him not wanting to eat or show interest in eatting.
November 11- We had a follow up with his doctor from his seizure and stay in the hospital. His doctor was also concerned with him possibly having autism. This didn't shock me, since his therapists were beginning to think he had a form of it as well. He then started Cameron on chlonodine to help him relax at night to sleep and referred us to mental health to get an evaluation done (for the autism.)
November 17- We went in for a prescreen before the actual eval day. It took us about 30 minutes and they just wanted some family history ect.
November 18th- Cameron turned 2 years old. Of course, me being the doofus I am, I got teary eyed most the day and repeated over and over how I couldn't believe he was 2 already.
November 20th- Cameron had his birthday party. He had lots of presents, and got to see his grandma Mary and his Uncle Daniel and Aunt Monica and Uncle Cory. We had cake and ice cream which he refused to eat. He melted down a bit, but we made it through.
November 25 and 27- we did thanksgiving dinner. 25th at my mother in laws house and then my mothers house on the 27th. We had stayed the night there so we could visit, and took Kaydence to the movie Tangled on the 28th.
November 29- Eval Day. We take Cameron in there on the 29th at 8am to start his eval. this was a total waste of time. They ended up telling me later in December that he was not old enough to be diagnosed.

December 2010-
No sicknesses really this month, everything was pretty lax. The kids had a WIC appt. on the 17th and had to get their fingers pricked for a lead check and iron check. Cameron HATED that. We did Christmas on the 25th with his Grandma Sherry and then did Christmas with Grammy Mary on the 27th. We get home the 29th and I have a letter in the mail stating my children may have lead poisoning. Cameron's number was 10, and Kaydence's number was 6.4.

And now.... for January 2011...


  1. they have a playgroup through his early intervention services? they dont have any playgroup type ones for my son. sad. because i think he would benefit from it. i did find a playgroup that is separate from his services. but its only once a month. i wish it was more often. how is he around other kids?

  2. He took a bit to warm up to the other kids but he likes it. Its at the school where he has his therapy and they do a playgroup every Tuesday. :) The only times they don't have playgroup is if there is no school